1. Get moving: You don’t need to run a marathon to be active. Moving your body 30 minutes every day will help burn calories and get you closer to your weight loss goal. Here are some easy ways to burn a few extra calories every day:
- Trade your power mower for a push version.
- Park your car at the back of the lot.
- Get out of the office building and enjoy walking meetings.
- Sweep the drive or rake the leaves instead of using a leaf-blower.
- Get off the bus a few stops earlier.
- Hike the mall, being sure to hit all the levels.
- Take the stairs every chance you get.
- Sign up for charity walks.
- Crank the music and get your heart rate up the next time you mop or vacuum.
2. Drink water: drinking water will actually help you lose weight! Not only will you stay hydrated but you will feel fuller, which will help prevent overeating.
3. Test your hormones: from thyroid to progesterone, hormone imbalance will slow down your weight loss and even add a few pounds on. If you are stuck and can’t seem to kick off your weight loss, get your hormones checked!
4. Skip the late night snacks: eating sumo style will not only pack on the pounds but will leave you waking hungry and start your day off on the wrong foot
5. Eat protein for breakfast: A littler protein with breaky will set your metabolic rate higher than a high carb start, stabilize your blood sugars and keep you fuller for longer. Some great breakfast proteins:
- Nut butters with apple
- Unsweetened Greek yogurt with nuts and berries
- Protein shakes