Who doesn’t look and feel better with a bit of a summer glow? We all know the dangers of sun exposure to our skin; not only the health risks but also the dramatic aging effects it has. So how do we get our summer glow on without risking damage and premature aging? We all know what healthy diet, plenty of sleep and regular exercise help keep us healthy but what else?
Here are my top 5 tips to healthy glowing skin all year long:
- Water, Water, Water: nothing ages your skin more than dehydration. Be sure to drink the recommended 6 – 8 glasses a day and if you are already doing this there’s more. Add a pinch of sea salt to your water bottle to help absorb your water better. Also, start your day with 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water before you start your day.
- Stress Less: nothing ages the skin faster than stress. This usually accompanies poor eating, lack of sleep and minimal exercise, which is the trifecta of skin no-nos. But there’s more to it than bad habits. Stress produces hormones that lead to excess oil production. It also makes the skin look dull and lifeless. Find ways to manage stress and keep your skin looking good despite your deadlines.
- Exfoliate: layers of dead skin cells can build up and make you look dull and tired. A regular skin treatment regime is an important part of keeping your skin looking and feeling great, and helps prevent premature aging. Treatments such as facial peels and oxygen masks are a great way to maintain healthy beautiful skin.
- Vitamin C: lemons, oranges, raspberries Oh My! Vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients your skin needs to look great. Vitamin C is essential for the production of collagen, which helps keep our skin looking young and smooth. Trend setting beauties like Rihanna and Sophia Vergara use IV vitamin therapy to ensure they get enough Vitamin C to keep them looking great.
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA): the key to beautiful glowing skin is this little gem. HA is a natural structural component of skin that attracts water molecules into the cells and leave our skin looking young and fresh. As we age our natural production of Hyaluronic Acid in our skin declines leaving our skin looking lifeless and saggy. Treatments such as HA based vitamin facials and fillers help restore lost volume and give you beautiful, glowing skin.
Call to book your complimentary skin consultation with the IV owner and skin specialist Dr. Heidi Rootes: 604-974-8999