Living with Headaches? Do you realize this is not normal!
The WHO (the World Health Organization) reports:
- 47% of adults currently suffer from headaches
- Headaches are underestimated, under-recognized, and under-treated world-wide
- Tension headaches are the most common and are reported by more than 70% of some populations
Major tension headache patterns and the muscle trigger points that cause them:
- Around the ear to the temples -Upper Trapezius (shoulder muscle)
- To the eye and eyebrows
- One side -Sternal head of Sternocleidomastoid (frontal neck muscle)
- Both sides -Clavicular head of Sternocleidomastoid
- Base of head to inside skull -Suboccipital muscles (muscles at base of skull)
- Top of head -Splenius Capitis (posterior neck muscle)
Now that we have the map, what’s the direction?
Trigger point therapy is a manual technique used in massage therapy that helps to locate trigger points (nodules in taut bands of muscle) and release them. Once the trigger points are released, referral pain can be relieved and headaches are alleviated.
Book a massage therapy treatment to treat these trigger points and be on your way to a headache-free life! Call or book today with Mira: www.theIV.ca or 604-974-8999