Building a Better Body one Pound at a Time
Spring is the time of year that motivates many people to shed some extra pounds gained during the past few months in preparation for summer (aka less clothing and more skin exposure). But losing those inches can be frustrating. There are some great helpers out there that will stimulate metabolism, help burn fat and curb those cravings that are standing in the way of your weight loss goals.
Amino acids such as methionine, choline, inositol and carnitine are lipotrophic agents that help the body burn fat. Vitamins including B12, B6 and folic acid help stimulate metabolism. And minerals such as chromium help curb those carb cravings.
So, what is the best way to get all these fat burning, metabolism boosting agents into the system and working their way to a leaner body? Intravenously!
IV vitamin therapy is a key component to boosting your weight loss program. Together with the right diet plan and proper exercise you can be beach ready in weeks!
Book a consultation with Dr. Rootes today to learn more about her 4 and 7 week rapid weight loss programs.
Dr. Nicole Clement
Is your skin stressed? It shows.
Are you suffering from a “poor complexion” because of your stressful modern lifestyle? Stress causes the body to release elevated levels of cortisol, a natural stress hormone, which results in premature aging by literally getting under your skin. Not to mention the other damaging effects on your body. Here are my top 5 tips used to counter those not-so-pretty effects.
- Hydration: dehydrated skin looks luster-less. Here is a quick calculation to make sure you are drinking enough water. Take your bodyweight in pounds, divide by two, and drink that number of ounces per day to maintain a healthy glow!
- Eat a Low Glycemic Diet: blood sugar imbalances are caused by overconsumption of processed foods and infrequent eating habits; this can result in excess weight gain as well as the formation of AGEs (Advanced Glycation End Products), which damages collagen and elastin, the protein fibers that keep your skin plump and wrinkle free.
- Support your immune system: stress increases inflammation leading to breakouts and Rosacea. These flare-ups can be reduced through the use of high dose vitamin therapy and adrenal support.
- Improve your digestion: The digestive system aids in the absorption of beauty-enhancing nutrients and the expulsion of waste products. Support your gut flora to unlock your beauty potential by finding out what foods you are sensitive to in order to eliminate them from your diet.
- Get a good night rest: sleep is so critical to looking good, this is the time that your body repairs itself from the daily damage caused by stress, sun exposure, and environmental toxins. Get 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep so you can keep on glowing!
To learn more about how to stress-proof your skin, book a consultation with Dr. Clement today.
Dr. Judith Canlas
Building Better Bodies…one bite at a time.
Eating is a huge part of our lives, and as they say, we are what we eat. Incorporating Mindful Eating into your daily routine can help promote a happier and healthier relationship with food. Below are some things you can start on today:
- Rather than thinking ‘I should’ eat healthier, change it to ‘I choose’ to eat healthier. A simple shift in our choice of words can make the difference between empowering ourselves to make changes instead of bringing us down.
- Gratitude – Find anything pleasing about your meal – whether the color, texture, or smell. Even thinking as far back as the person who cultivated it or prepared it. Rather than focusing on deprivations and restrictions, gratitude allows us to appreciate the food we have, and has the power to open our eyes to the blessings we have in life.
- Notice the feelings behind the cravings – When you sense a craving coming on, pause and sit with it rather than impulsively acting on it. Emotional eating uses food to soothe, relieve and suppress our feelings. Acknowledging the emotions behind it even though it’s difficult is the first step to awareness and making healthier decisions.
- Forgiveness – releases us from feeling stuck, alone and doomed to fail. We all have fallen off the health wagon at some point in our lives and will most likely fall again in the future, rather than continually punishing ourselves, what’s important is that we get back on and continue to make healthier choices in the future.
To learn more about eating right for your body book a consultation with Dr. Canlas
Registered Massage Therapist
Building Better Bodies
Building a better body is something we can all benefit from; after all, it’s the only one we get. So, how can we do this? One way is by listening to when our body is trying to tell us something is wrong. Generally, this is communicated via pain. Pain can be experienced either acutely or chronically. On average, 1 in 5 Canadians suffers from chronic pain, defined as a painful sensation lasting longer than 3 months. The most common sources of pain are chronic headache, back pain, injury and post-surgical pain. Both, acute and chronic pain can play havoc with sleep patterns, interfere with work performance as well as prevent participation in activities we enjoy. These disruptions compound stress levels normally experienced on a daily basis. The good news is: regular massage therapy treatments are a very effective method of managing or resolving both acute and chronic pain, assisting in recovery from soft tissue injuries, post-surgery rehabilitation and minimizing the effects of stress. So, book your massage treatments with me today, and together we’ll build you a better body.
Building Better Bodies through Detoxification and Rejuvenation.
We have all heard about cleansing and detoxing but are we really getting the job done? Detoxification begins at the level of the cell, but stimulating the process can be difficult and often requires help. Injection therapy is a great way to stimulate cell detoxification, resulting in a healthier cell and building a better body.
Injection therapy, also called Biopuncture, uses homeopathic medicine which promotes natural healing by stimulating the body’s own detoxification process. In order to build a better body or heal an injury, the detoxification process must occur. Homeopathic products can initiate a long-lasting response which speeds healing, restores vitality and improves energy.
Injection therapy not only treats pain, but also provides natural rejuvenation and repair. It is for anyone who wants to look and feel younger. Fine lines and wrinkles, a double chin, acne and other skin disorders can all be treated naturally by stimulating detoxification using injection therapy.
Book an appointment today with Sarah McGuire RAc to start your detox program and get on your way to building a better body.