Sleep isn’t something you just want, its something your body NEEDS! Our bodies’ demand sleep in order to restore our capacities for:
- Dealing with everyday stress
- Keeping a healthy weight
- Restoring body and mind
- Keeping your energy levels high
We all know the negative aspects of insomnia, but, what we don’t know is that there are tricks that can help us get back on track:
1. Dismiss the use of caffeine. When we consume caffeine after 2:00 pm it disrupts our sleep rhythm.
2. The sleep environment matters. Use blackout shades and reset the thermostat of your bedroom to between 15.5 and 20 degrees Celsius.
3. Dismiss the use of Electronic Devices. TV, mobile phones, tablets… You don’t need them when you go to sleep.
4. Turn off the emotional and physical stress. Daily exercise and proper nutrition (Vitamin B6, vitamin B5, vitamin C and minerals Zinc, Selenium and Magnesium) helps to restore balance.
5. 10pm sleep time. Did you know that the deepest and most regenerative sleep is between 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.? Make a goal to get to bed 15 minutes earlier each week until you hit 10p.m.
Try these tricks tonight, because getting high-quality sleep will make an enormous difference for your health and life quality.
Dr. Nicole Clement