Want to indulge and be satisfied and healthy at the same time? This is one of my favorite things to add to my breakfast, lunch or even make it the meal!
Guacamole can be made in a pinch and since avocados are considered a superfood, it’s good for you too.
Recipe for Guacamole:
1-2 ripe avocados
1-2 ripe tomatoes
Handful of chopped cilantro
2-4 tbsp green salsa
Salt and pepper to taste
1 clove of minced garlic per avocado
Why this indulgence is good for you:
- The sweet nature of avocado will help prevent sugar cravings.
- Harmonizes the Liver (for irritability), lubricates the lungs and intestines (for dryness).
- Rich in potassium, cooper and iron, avocado helps to build your blood (for more energy).
- Full of beauty benefits that help to maintain youthful skin tone (vitamin A, C, E) and prevent environmental damage (glutamine).
- It is an easily digested fat, good source of protein and is a long-burning fuel.
- Like avocado, tomato is cooling, which means that it can counteract heat (aka overindulgence in BBQ foods and/or alcohol this summer?)
- Strengthens the stomach, in case of weak appetite.
- Cleans the Liver and blood therefore a great food for detoxifying.
- Like avocados, the sweet nature of corn will help curb sugar craving.
- Tonifies the Kidneys, which means that it nourishes your sexual storehouse.
- Nourishes the Heart, which calms the spirit.
- Like the tomato, corn improves your appetite.
- Promotes healthy teeth and gums.
Blue corn chips allows for 21% more protein, 50% more iron, and 2x the manganese (antioxidant defense & skin protector)
Sarah McGuire, Registered Acupuncturist