1) What are Dermal Fillers? Dermal Fillers are used in facial esthetics to add volume or plump up areas creating a smoother, more youthful appearance. They are made from a gel-like substance, Hyaluronic Acid (HA), naturally found in our bodies. HA provides lubrication to our skin and joints by attracting water. Unfortunately as we age we produce less HA, resulting in facial volume loss, drooping and deepening of lines and wrinkles.
2) What areas can be treated? Dermal filers add volume to the cheeks, lips, eyes, or ears. They can also be used to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles such as smile lines, smoker lines and marionette lines.
3) When will I see results? Results are instantaneous; however there may be some slight swelling. Swelling usually resolves within 24-48 hours.
4) How long do the results last? HA Dermal Fillers are non-permanent and usually last between 6-12 months depending on the area being treated and the product used. The body naturally absorbs the product and will then need to be re-administered to maintain your results.
5) Are Dermal Fillers Safe? Dermal fillers are one of the safest non-surgical cosmetic procedures on the market. Side effects of treatments may include minimal swelling and redness and occasionally bruising. Other less common side effects include minor lumps, itching and tenderness, which usually disappear within a couple of days.
If you’re unhappy with the lines and wrinkles you see in the mirror, or want fuller cheeks or lips, then dermal fillers could be your solution.
Dr. Nicole Clement
Dermal Fillers are 10% off all summer! To book a consultation or treatment with Dr. Clement call the IV at 604-974-8999